Eat, Pray, Love

Okay so I know I am getting to this movie on the late side but oh well. All this hype about how good it was julia roberts etc has made me want to watch it from the first preview I'd seen on tv. I havent finished it yet but oh my god what a let down. The last movie to let me down so badly was My Sisters Keeper (I read the book & love the book). I still have an hour left so I am going to finish & maybe there is something that I havent seen yet that will make it a better movie but honestly its painful trying to finish it.

I love movies I cant get enough of them. My dad owned a movie place all my childhood so I simply love movies. Its rare I come across one that is such a huge let down & even more rare that I come across one that is too painful to finish but this one is on the line of too painful let me tell ya. Its slow, julias character is so blah, & its soooo friggin long!

I will come back & tell ya if something happend in the last hour to change my mind but what did you think of the movie? Did you like it? Did it live up to the hype? Was it a let down for you as well?

Mel30248

Asked by Mel30248 at 9:13 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I feel the same way, Oprah just raved about it, (that should have been my first clue)
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 9:15 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• yes. i watched that movie a couple weeks ago on netflix it was so predictable and a huge let down. i am glad i didn't go see it at the movie theater.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 9:15 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• 40 minutes left & omg it will be a miracle if I can get through this movie. Am I missing something here I mean really or is it just this awful!?

Luvs & gwen glad to see I am not the only one who isnt into this movie. I really want to like it but just going to have to put in into the failed file =(
    Mel30248

Comment by Mel30248 (original poster) at 9:28 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I didn't even watch the whole movie.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 9:35 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• It was very dissapointing. It was such a let down.
    I was hoping for an epic movie that really changed the face of today's cinema, but nope. All I got was a tired out plot line, an overdrawn monolague, and a really mundane movie. I too had trouble finishing the movie. The first 30 minutes I watched 10 minutes at a time, thinking every time I stopped it "I should just down rate it and delete it". I was just hoping though that it would change my opinion towards the middle/end. That something, somewhere in the movie made up for the incredibly sad excuse that it was. Therefor, I finished it and honestly it was just nothing spectactular.

Movies anymore don't impress me. I honestly cannot name a movie in the last three years that I can eve lie about loving. Let alone actually being honest about loving it. It's sad. Movies have soo much potential, but they don't even try anymore.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:49 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I only liked the last 5 minutes of the movie! The rest of the 210 minutes I could have seriously done without! I thought it would be an insightful movie, teach me something, move me somehow but nope none of that. It was so long & dragged on with not a single upbeat moment in the entire movie! When julia raised her voice the one time she did in the movie I jumped b/c it was so awkward & out of place, I'd spent so much time listening to mono tones that when they did finally break from that I wanted to burst out in tears with disappointment in how awful this movie really was!

Okay rant is over lol glad to see I am not the only one who was so disappointed in this film.
    Mel30248

Comment by Mel30248 (original poster) at 10:05 PM on Apr. 25, 2011