So hurt....vent

I love my mom to life. But im so hurt. She treats me and my sister so different. My sister is highly disrespectful. She talks to my mom like trash and yet my mom caters to her. I would NEVER do my mom like that. When she move recently and i.was the only one there to help..where were my sisters??? I help my mom whenever possible cause...well shes my mom but im hurt when i asked her for her help she throws it in my face. We got into it today and i told her shes always critizes me and it hurts that she treats us different but she doesnt understand... Its just fustrating

kyheavensmom

Asked by kyheavensmom at 9:19 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• Yeah its funny. I had a bf I was so mean to and he kept coming back for more.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 9:20 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Its possible she doesn't know how to handle you being well mannered. You don't need "fixed/helped". My mother is a nuturer....she feels best about herself when she is doing for others and feels useless to just sit - which is all I request when she comes to our house.
    brypmom

Answer by brypmom at 9:25 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I know how you feel, my sister never gets criticized like I do by our mother, and I am the one that is always there for her! The only thing I can think that makes her this way is, they say that," your hardest on the one you love most!" It's not fair and it's not right but I've dealt with this for many years and that's the best I can come up with. I've voiced my opinion to my mother, it does no good. I feel your frustration, hang in there!

anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 9:26 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• that sucks. i have seen this exact situation a few times. not with my mom though. i have seen this particular woman who has a daughter who physically and financially takes care of her but the mom still treats her like crap and treats the other sister like a queen... from what i was told; the mom has been giving one sister preferential treatment since they were little girls because she disliked the father of one of the daughters so she automatically took it out on the child. your moms' reason might be different though..
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 9:26 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• That is really hurtful. I am sure after you told her how you felt, regardless how she reacted at the time, she had to think about what you said. I have 2 daughters, I seem to favor one secretatively right now proabably b/c she can't talk back (she's only 1). If one of them said that to me, I would really do some soul searching and make a point to be fair. Sometimes mom and daughter don't get along, not b/c they don't love each other. It could be a personality clash. Once you figure out the cause, maneuver around it. Try not to dwell on the unfairness. it's a cliche, but life is not fair. The only thing you can control is your expectation.
    Olivia4116

Answer by Olivia4116 at 9:27 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Sorry Huggs, I felt the same way about my little brother, even to this day
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 9:27 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• My mom does it to me too. She favors both of my brothers over me, and I've never understood why really. I've cried over it so many times. I actually had a breakdown about it about 9 months ago. Stopped talking to her for like 2 months after that. Then decided it was wrong for me to keep my kids away from their grandma (cause she loves them just fine, ya know? lol). Now I just try not to expect so much from her...when you expect less, you're less hurt when they don't deliver. I wish there was better advice, but how do you change a woman who is already halfway through her life?
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 10:38 PM on Apr. 25, 2011