What to feed a picky picky eater toddler?

I have a 22month old, and boy, he rarely eats. We have been trying to limit his milk intake to twice a day, once in the morning and once before bed. He has a scramble egg in the morning, but barely touches any pasta for the afternoon and forget dinner, it's only two spoonful of rice. What should I do? I told me ped. about this but she said he's only slightly below 50 percentile. What can I do? Is there anything that toddler's like to eat a lot of?? thanks for your advice.

melody1881

Asked by melody1881 at 9:25 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Mac-n-cheese. Never seen a toddler that wouldnt eat that. Anything with cheese basically. Most kid's LOVE cheese.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:26 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Picky eaters are not born, they are created. Stop thinking about foods as "kids or adults". They are all food- provide your child with a wide variety of things to try, and keep doing so. Eventually, he'll eat. If you feed him only things like mac & cheese, you're setting yourself up for failure.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:31 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Why are you reducing his milk intake? A toddler should have more then just two cups of milk a day, or at least some other liquid to replace the lack of milk. They really do need that hydration throughout the day.

Are you sure that his not eating is more then him being a picky eater? Maybe digestion problems, throat problems, or something else of that nature? Not to say that you haven't, but if you indeed haven't, make sure that you're trying to solve the true problem.

If it is infact a picky eater situation then there are many blander foods that he can try. Mac and Cheese, Cheese Quesadilla, hot dogs, lunch meat, Quinoa, cereal, pasta with or without sauce. If he refuses then make a deal with him "If you eat half of your meal then you get [prize]." It could be a sticker of his favorite character, an extra half hour of TV, a trip to the park, his favorite zoo, anything you want.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:34 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• my daughter is somewhat picky as well, did you try mac and cheese, applesauce, yogurt, spaghetti os or goldfish?
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 8:25 AM on Apr. 26, 2011