Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is the first step in filing for child support in new jersey?

I have been getting 50 bucks a week for my ex for our son who has special needs, and that requires to see a therapist, a behaviorist, and a speech therapist every week. I am currently in college and my parents prefer me not to work because they want me to do my best in school and get done faster for my son. My ex met me when I wasnt work and he knew I was going to school so there was not a change in finances. My ex drives by my mailbox once a week to throw a crumbled up 50 dollar bill in my mailbox, without even seeing his son because he prefers not to be in his life anymore. I want to file for child support because I need more than 5o dollars a week for my son and plus I want to file for full custody because I gave my ex ample opportunties to see christopher and he always gave me dumb excuses. This has been going on for 4 months and I am done with it. So my main question: Where do I go to file for child support and do I have to file for full custody seperately?

Answer Question

Asked by GuardianAngel27 at 9:29 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Money & Work

Level 5 (78 Credits)
Answers (2)
  • Same as in any state - find a family lawyer.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:30 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

  • First step is to go get papers drawn up... Meaning to apply for child support. Where ever that "place is" go there!

    Answer by 2boys4momma at 8:01 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.