• In the Spotlight:

hmmmm what to do....

I am due with my 1st child on my 21st bday..... should i plan a party????

sassy_brizzy

Asked by sassy_brizzy at 1:22 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Just for Fun

• im 27 and still waiting to celebrate my 21st b day lol. i was prego when i turned 21 and havent had the time or energy since having my first, have 3 kids now.
    you aren't going to feel like partying after the baby. you are going to be exhausted from having the baby then not much sleep due to a hungry child every few hours. i agree with mum2 have a nice dinner, with your man or close friends. and congrats on the baby.
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 3:31 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Are you going to have the party at the hospital?
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 1:24 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• you would probably just want to enjoy the baby so after seeing everybody after the birth of your child you probably just want alone time, so i say no, leave all the hectic behind this year.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 1:27 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• NO I AM HOPING TO HAVE HIM EARLY ALSO BECAUSE MY INSURANCE NO LONGER COVERS ME ONCE I AM 21.....
    SO I JUST WONDER IF I SHOULD RISK THROWING THE PARTY AND POSSIBLY BEING IN LABOR OR HAVING HIM RIGHT BEFORE....
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 1:42 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• after you have a baby you are most likely going to be a hermit crab. your not going to want to be with people or have people around!! Its the strangest feeling ever.. But i know for like two to three weeks i wouldn't even answer the phone when friends called!! and i am the most social person ever!!
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 1:45 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• i'd have the party a week or so before. but know that, if you go into labor, you'll have to ditch the festivities. =)

you might want to wait until after- but like a month after. especially with this being your first, it'll take some getting used to. and, like others have said, you may not even want to have company.

whatever you chose- congrats on the baby! and happy birthday! =)
    pugmama

Answer by pugmama at 2:19 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• oh man, my adice would be to go out for a nice lunch or something a few weeks before you are due...once you have that little baby, parties will be the last thing on your mind!
    mum2gr8byz

Answer by mum2gr8byz at 2:43 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• big smile miniYes a birthday party...maybe just not your own

salexander

Answer by salexander at 6:42 PM on Dec. 3, 2008