If its a DO NOT EVER BREAK rule at someone elses house....(vent again:))

why wouldn't you do the same thing at someone elses house? We have friends who INSIST shoes come off on the porch.....yet when they come to our house (I have a no shoes please sign up) they leave their shoes on! I HAVE said something to them numerous times. Today the husband stopped by and when I "snapped" he said "whats the big deal you have hard wood floors we have carpet"

But on the bright side...my dh spoke up too.

brypmom

Asked by brypmom at 9:34 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• WTF? Do they have a clue how hard wood is to properly care for? Geez- carpet is easier!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:36 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• it does not matter if your floor was a bed of sea sand..your house your rules. what is good for the goose is good for the gander.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 9:38 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• ObbyDobbie - no! All I have to do is "sweep it up" they "will eventually have to replace carpet sooner than needed"
    brypmom

Comment by brypmom (original poster) at 9:38 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I dont know!! I would be upset, all of our friends know our no shoe policy and take em off as soon as they come in, unless their arms are full, then i let em slide for a few minutes lol
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 9:42 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I would wear my shoes into their house next time I went over but that is just me. I am a bitch like that.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 9:54 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Actually, first PP, hard wood floors are easier to clean than carpets. Carpet you can NEVER fully clean. They trap so much filth in them. At least with hardwood, you can get most of it up (I won't say 100%, because nothing is 100%, not even the germ killers!).

But that's totally besides the point. They should treat you with respect and follow your rules the same you do at their house. And they shouldn't back talk.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 10:26 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I'm with becauseimthemom. I'd keep my shoes on the next time I went over there. And when they said something, I'd say something snarky like "well, you're going to have to replace the carpet anyway. What difference does it make if it's sooner rather than later?"

If you want to handle it nicely, though, I'd just be blunt but nice. "We respect your no shoes in the house rule. We have the same rule and you completely disregard it. Why do you feel you don't have to give us the same respect we give you?"
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:03 AM on Apr. 26, 2011