Where in Mexico have you vactioned in?

Di you ever feel unsafe?

MexTexmom2

Asked by MexTexmom2 at 9:35 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Travel

• I know someone who went to Cancun for spring break and omg...it was a horrible story! he almost died. his friends were stupid and left him, but then the ppl in mexico were SOOOOO SO SO SO mean to him and beat him up and wouldnt let him stay anywhere. And oh it was horrible. He's actually writing a book about it. And i read somewhere recently that people going to Cancun should NOT go because it is unsafe. Even tho its a top vacation spot, the people there don't give a damn about tourists and treat them like crap.
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 9:38 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• @keeely07. I would love to hear more. Message me. I currently live in Mexico ( Guadalajara) safe safe safe and I love it. But it is good to know what goes on in the rest of the country.
    MexTexmom2

Comment by MexTexmom2 (original poster) at 9:40 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I've been all over Mexico, and I live here as well (Oaxaca), and I've never been to a place and had a bad experience. Everyone's always been friendly and courteous, great service, food, ect. Just like anywhere in the U.S., you have to know where to go, and know where to stay away from. There are places in Detroit I won't even stop to get gas at, and that's in my own homestate!
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 9:43 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I have yet to go to Mexico, but plan on going probably within the next couple of years to Guanajuato and later on to Aguascalientes so my daughter can see her Grandparents :)
    proudmom2510

Answer by proudmom2510 at 10:03 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• @ proud mom 2510...I was born in Aguascalientes!
    MexTexmom2

Comment by MexTexmom2 (original poster) at 10:07 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• DD's father says it's an awesome city. That's where he's from.
    proudmom2510

Answer by proudmom2510 at 10:11 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• We were just south of Cancun this winter and had a great time. Felt super safe. We were at a resort, but one night we went into Playa Del Carmen to meet some friends, we hit a couple bars, walked on the beach after dark, hung out on "5th Ave", had a great time. Not scary at all. But just like anywhere you need to be aware of where you are, your surroundings. You need to be smart and take care of yourself.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 11:49 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I haven't been since 2007. We have been to Cabo, Cancun, PV, Mazatlan, Acapulco,

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:25 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Been all over Mexico. My DH is from Saltillo.... I am from Quito, Ecuador .. we live in the USA now.
    Planning to move back to Ecuador or Mex very soon -
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 9:26 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I've been to Mexico City and to Tampico, but that was 20 years ago before the situation changed. I live in Texas and unfortunately we get lots of reports about border violence. Cities in the interior are probably much safer, though we have friends who were living in Guanajuato who recently moved back to Texas because of the escalating problems there. My brother and his friends still go to resorts on the Mexican coast and say they've had no problems. I guess my advice is to look carefully at the situation.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 11:12 AM on Apr. 26, 2011