How would you feel *regarding organ transplants*

If your mother who is only 45 yrs old needed a heart transplant but is refusing due to her worries of financial strain on the family?

This is really breaking my heart :(

Mrs_Harsh

Asked by Mrs_Harsh at 9:38 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Health

• I am an organ donor.

I think your mom needs to do this or tell you if there is any other reasons behind it. Tell her a funeral will be a financial and an emotional strain on your family. She should give your family the opportunity to choose since its the family she is worried about.
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 7:32 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Can you get her on board for a fund raising event. Trivia nights are really big. We are having one soon for a friend who has cancer. The only thing you need to do (really) is set up a seperate trust account at a local bank.
    brypmom

Answer by brypmom at 9:40 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• It's her choice, but I can imagine your heartbreak. I agree with brypmom- a fundraiser might be the way to go. A charity walk is another option, or a silent auction, charity dinner with entertainment from a local band willing to donate their time... I hope you guys figure something out. Hugs!
    Remind your mom that people are more important than money. =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:00 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Fortunately I live in a country where medical costs are not a concern.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:04 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• There r programs and things if u r low income.. no one should deny themselves proper health care because of money.
    sarahlu

Answer by sarahlu at 10:07 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• They do a lot of plate lunches around here for stuff like that. They usually make a good bit of money. Maybe try stuff like that.
    mommythree0508

Answer by mommythree0508 at 10:17 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I would feel depressed and talk her into it. Her life is more important that money.
    MommaSiete

Answer by MommaSiete at 1:16 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• @ sarah shes not low income :( But she has used up most of her medical insurance premiums due to all the other surgeries she has had. She had 3 open hearts in less then a year.Her heart is shaped like a basketball and the stress locks her valves open which basically causes blood to leak out into her chest and slowly suffocate her. She's had 3 valves replaced so far & they told her she needs to have a transplant. But with her ins premiums almost met & being on alife long set of drugs she just doesnt want to do it and cause all of us financial worry, I keep trying to drill it into ther head that we will take that financial burden as long as she is around. :(
    Mrs_Harsh

Comment by Mrs_Harsh (original poster) at 7:38 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I agree with the other ladies. If you have kids old enough they might be able to talk to her as well. I would get as many people as possible to talk to her.
    sweetangie79

Answer by sweetangie79 at 7:27 AM on Apr. 27, 2011