Is this normal? (question about menstrual cycle may be TMI) adult content

Is it normal to bleed for a month straight? My LO is 6 months old and this is the first cycle i've had. The only problem is it started at the end of March and has been super heavy as in soaking through a tampon and a pad and having to change at least ever 30 minutes. It lasted ten days. I figured I was done. Three days later I had to take Plan B for well (i'm sure you know why) and the next day I started bleeding again just as heavy. I called the DR. and she said it was fine. So the "period" lasted another 12 days and then stopped as of 4 days ago. Now it's back again with a vengeance. I have NO income to afford a Dr. visit so i'm pretty much limited to the ER (and a god awful bill) IF it's absolutely necessary. So my question is, should I go to the ER or would it be ok to wait it out a bit longer? I'm kinda worried because cervical cancer runs pretty rampant in my family but then again I can't afford a medical visit.

Dajennible

Asked by Dajennible at 9:40 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Health

• I THINK U SHOULD VISIT A DOC, GOOD LUCK
    Dagmary O.

Answer by Dagmary O. at 9:49 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Even though the bill will suck it's better to be safe than sorry. That is alot of blood loss. GL and keep us updated!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 9:51 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I agree. It's time to see a dr. Maybe ask if they will let you make payments?
    mommythree0508

Answer by mommythree0508 at 10:22 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• i'd definitely see a dr, call around some people might let you make payments or charge based on income, also look around, maybe you can find a free clinic near you
    hfaddis

Answer by hfaddis at 3:02 AM on Apr. 27, 2011