how to defer house payments

terriasanch

Asked by terriasanch at 1:29 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Money & Work

• Are you talking about skipping a payment and spreading it out over the next few months payemnts? My mortgage company has done this for us in the past...spread one payment out over 6 months time. You'd have to call the company though.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 1:32 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Yep you have to call. They want to work with you and they can't help you if they don't know you're having a problem.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 1:33 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Depending on your mortgage company. Some will let you spread a payment our through out the year. Right now it is really hard to do. I was told that I wouldn't be considered for it unless I was delinquent for over 3 months. I was just looking for help on spreading it out over several months and they told me no. So, in return they got the payment like 20 days later. good luck
    Anonymous