Chicken and Dumplings Recipe Anyone--especially the dumplings?

CoffeeWriter

Asked by CoffeeWriter at 9:44 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I boil my chicken in broth then take it out. I make a biscuit dough using Bisquick and water, roll it out with flour, and cut it with a pizza slicer. Into the boiling broth I drop them slowly in different areas to avoid a big clump of dough. When they're cooked through (takes maybe 10 minutes), I cube the cooked chicken, put it into the bottom of a bowl, and ladle the dumplings and broth over it. The flour on the dumplings helps thicken the broth.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 9:46 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I have used biscuits out of a can but I prefer to use the recipe off the back of the white lily flour bag it's for biscuits just roll em up and dropp them in
    msh88

Answer by msh88 at 9:50 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I've also done chicken pastry with frozen Anne's dumpling strips.

Answer by missanc at 9:45 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I can make homemade BREAD but can not make a homemade biscuit or dumpling to save my life (they come out hard or chewy) so I cheat and use bisquick!
    brypmom

Answer by brypmom at 9:46 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• dumplings...u can use biscuits out of the can...cook about 15 min on top of soup. or if making it with bisquick 1 2/3 baking mix and 2/3 cup milk mix together and place on top for 15 min.
    dramaMama407

Answer by dramaMama407 at 9:49 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I just use my regular biscuit dough. It's 2 c. self-rising flour, 1/4 C. solid shortening, and about 3/4 C. buttermilk. Mix and form a ball. Pat out on a lightly floured surface. Then I just pinch off blobs of it and drop it into the boiling chicken broth until they are cooked through. Then I add back in my chopped chicken.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:49 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/quick-chicken-and-dumplings/ad7c6928-c648-4abb-9ee7-babcac700ca7
    i have subsituted the frozen veggies for fresh steamed and canned and also used generic brand bisquick
    ilovemyboys84

Answer by ilovemyboys84 at 9:50 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• We use bisquick dumpling recipe but cover opposite the directions. Works great !!
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 9:52 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/chicken-and-dumplings-recipe2/index.html

This is a great recipe..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:53 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Take 2 cups of self-rising flour mix in about 1/4 cup crisco by hand until the flour mixture is crumby looking. Mix in 1 1/4 cup of butter milk (reg. milk is fine to). Mix until the mixture in completely mixed but not too much. Cut up chicken and boil it on a big pot of water. Once the chicken is boiling add some butter to make a stock. Keep the stock and chicken boiling while you add the dumpling mixture one spoonful at a time. Once the you've add the entire mixture cut the temp down to about medium, but it still needs to simmer. The stock should start to thicken after a few minutes. Once the liquid is creamy check the dumplings middle to see if they are done (they will be bready). You may need to break up the dumplings if they are too big. Finally salt and pepper to taste and enjoy.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 9:55 PM on Apr. 25, 2011