How many Cafe moms have a full time live in house keeper/Nanny

I do. But I spend every chance I get with the kids. I work form home. I own a Medical Tourism Company here in Mexico : )

MexTexmom2

Asked by MexTexmom2 at 9:56 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Money & Work

• Can I just say, "I WISH!!!!!"
    anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 9:57 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Ha! I wish! I hope to have a nanny once I've finished school and I'm making good money (and DH is too).
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 9:58 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• My family has one....it's me.
    HollyBoBolly

Answer by HollyBoBolly at 9:59 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I wish!... I am the nanny.... and house keeper... and cook.... and nurse.... and doctor... I think you get the point :)

at the risk of sounding snarky i have to say it must be nice to live in mexico and have someone take care of your kids and home for you while you work from home. I somehow feel like your rubbing it in all the cafemom SAHM's faces.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 10:01 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• We do. Well, actually my mother in law hired her. I don't let her clean my bedroom though, or do the baby's laundry, but she does everything else. I too spend a lot of my time with my kids but when I need a break to do some work, she's there to watch them.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 10:04 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• @finkette, not at all, I come from a lower middle class family and always had a nanny and house keeper. Mom worked her ass off! She needed someone with us 24/7
    MexTexmom2

Comment by MexTexmom2 (original poster) at 10:06 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• MexTexmom2, I'm from Brazil and also come from a middle class family. I understand your point perfectly. I have this cleaning lady that works for me only once a week, but i'm thinking about asking her to come to my house twice a week after my baby is born. I need to work at least 10 hours a day and concentrate, i'll probably need extra help around the house.
    MariannaFantini

Answer by MariannaFantini at 10:13 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I had a housekeeper when the kids were young and it was an absolute delight.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:43 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• No, but I WISH I did as I really would love to have extra help around the house.... unfortunately hiring help is not an option right now...
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 5:48 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• SO's family is from Mexico and they think that it is weird that I send DD to day care instead of having a nanny. Nanny's are expensive! LOL
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 6:25 PM on Apr. 29, 2011