How important is it that you use 1st morning urine on a pregnancy test?

I know thats what the test says but does everyone wait untill the A.M

heatmac4

Asked by heatmac4 at 3:44 PM on Jul. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• the results are more acurate because the hormones havent been watered down with whatever you have consumed during the day
    armyissuedwife2

Answer by armyissuedwife2 at 3:47 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• depends on if your testing early or late. Your first morning urine has a higher concentrate of the hormone. So, if you want to test before your due for your period then you should test first thing in the morning OR you can hold your pee for 3-4 hours and test. If your late, then you can test any time of the day.
    luvnmy3kid

Answer by luvnmy3kid at 3:49 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• I tested a day before my period in the afternoon and it worked. I know because I tested a few times after that. If you're preggo and are very close to your 1st missed period, I don't think it matters that much.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 4:58 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• It's better to test first thing in the morning because it's more accurate but when i tested positive it was @ 6pm at night.
    Jackie0216

Answer by Jackie0216 at 5:24 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• there are more hormones when you first wake up but it will work at anytime
    hendrickson

Answer by hendrickson at 6:08 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• Your first morning urine has been in your bladder all night just waiting to get out, so there's the highest concentration of the hormone the HPT test for, so it's important for that reason. But at the point I am now I can pee or trickle on a stick and get a pos test, but I'm half way through. If you're testing close to your cycle I'd go for morning.
    misty1_sd

Answer by misty1_sd at 7:55 PM on Jul. 10, 2008