my baby cries alot and we just got jondus taken care of is she just crying for attention?

jennykate02

Asked by jennykate02 at 1:34 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• how old is the baby?
    coala

Answer by coala at 1:35 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Most babies don't cry for attention.....they are babies, they haven't made that connection yet that "if I cry, mom will hold me".

Crying indicates something....diaper change, hungry, needs cuddle time, tired, gassy tummy, or something that you can not help, such as growing pains or things of that nature.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:38 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Are you serious? A newborn? For christ sake....
    Anonymous

• She needs to be held, is my guess. Please give her an extra cuddle for me.

Answer by Bmat at 1:41 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Newborn I am assuming, because of the jaundice reference. She's been INSIDE you for 9 months, so it's natural she not only wants, but needs to be close to you. Try a sling or wrap.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 1:45 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• could be colic...if not, just try to keep your LO on a schedule, that normally works. i had my newborn old on a schedule by 3 weeks, she's 4 months now, still on the same schedule...i started letting her fuss herself to sleep, if she cried, i'd let her cry for maybe 2 minutes, (sometimes she would cry then be right to sleep after 2 minutes) if it was longer than 2 minutes i'd go get her. I only did this if i knew she just ate, was changed, ect. now that she's 4 months, i let her cry a little longer, for about 5 minutes. GL
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 1:51 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• of course she's crying for attention, she is a tiny baby!!!! Give her and yourself a break, the only way she has to communicate any of her feelings or pains or fears except crying. Don't worry, it will get better, and soon you will wish she was so tiny and helpless again! It goes so fast! I have an 8month old son, and my pediatrician says that you usually can't spoil a child before 9 months of age or a year old. Giving her love and comfort when she is uncomfortable will help her know that she is taken care of and safe, she will be more confident and sure of herself because she will feel your love. WHen she is a year you can start laying down the law! Having a newborn, by definition, means loss of sleep and drastically changing your life to accomadate her, get used to it! and give yourself a pat on the back, you are doing just fine--keep loving her all you can!
    ktbug777

Answer by ktbug777 at 2:11 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• your baby knows no other way to communicate with you. Your baby does not understand that she is no longer in the womb. Things are different and it takes time to adjust. Please listen to your baby's cries and respond. Babies that young cry for a reason and aren't just doing it to piss you off. They need attention at that age. Plenty of it.
    theroxy

Answer by theroxy at 2:46 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I second the sling or wrap reference. Try www.angelsak.com
    Anonymous