Is it weird for a 23 year old to date a 40 year old especially if he has a daughter her age?

Ganell87

Asked by Ganell87 at 10:04 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• no. not if both people who are in the relationship are happy and have things in common.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 10:07 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Not if they have common ideals, goals and morals. Now its something different if shes dating him as a sugar daddy. But if they genuinely have things in common why not?
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 10:07 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I think it is....my ex dated a girl our sons age (22 at the time). When son was over....he was constantly told to put his shirt on; what were you two talking about? lock the bathroom door when you shower.....

But beings he has a daughter...not much for him to get "jealous" over (LOL) but yeah I think it is wrong when you have kids the same ages! Just my opinion
    brypmom

Answer by brypmom at 10:08 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• honestly Idon't know that I can especially when there is a child the same age as me. But our old neighbor was 34 and her dh was 53 and he had a son that was 34 and he had kids that were 2,5,8 so which means she was a grandma I thought that was crazy a grandma at 34.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 10:13 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Love knows no age.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 10:14 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I think it is, that much of an age difference there should be a difference in maturity. If the 40 year old has the same maturity as a 23 year old, there's something wrong. Life experiences and the decades that we live in really shape who we are, and although we have things in common, our perspectives should be different based on those experiences.

I have sons ages 19, 21 and 28....I can't even begin to imagine dating someone that age...they're bright intelligent young men, but they have the maturity appropriate for their age....on the other hand my father is only 17 years older than me, and I can't imagine dating someone that age......and, I don't think I'd be very comfortable with my dad dating someone my age....there's a certain "ick" factor there.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:18 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I find it very odd.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:19 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Not necessarily, but I think there can be poor motives coming from both sides if the people are in completely different places in life, don't realy have anything in common, etc. That said, my parents are 11 years apart, my LP's parents were 22 years apart, I worked with a lady who was married for decades to someone 25 years older than she was.

My dad is over and kind of chuckled at the question and said "just remember that when you're 40, you're going to be looking across the bed at someone pushing 60". I suppose you would also have to think seriously about how things would change with age, too...careers, family wants/needs, retirement, grand kids, etc.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:31 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• All parties consenting, of legal age, and of sound mind, I see no reason to object to the coupling of persons from different age brackets. I, personally, prefer not to date anyone old enough to have conceived a child my age. I'll be 26 in June, so if I weren't married and were in the dating world, I wouldn't date anyone that was younger than 21. My DDs are 3 (4 next month) and 6mos, so I sure as hell wouldn't look at anyone in their age brackets as potentially dateable! Even if they were both over 18, it would be weird for me. My stepmother is 6 years older than me. She went to high school with my sister and my stepfather's son. She actually dated my stepbrother when they went to school together! They're all cool with the situation, but I don't look at her as a maternal figure. I was 14 when they got together. It was like getting a new sister. Now they have children together, who close in age to my kids.
    AmourSpork

Answer by AmourSpork at 2:23 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• who are**
    AmourSpork

Answer by AmourSpork at 2:24 AM on Apr. 26, 2011