What is a good tip to quit nail biting?

Ganell87

Asked by Ganell87 at 10:05 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• my aunt told me about all the germs under my nails.. lol, that worked for me... I never bit them again. also if u get a manicure, they will b pretty and u wont want to bite them.
    sarahlu

Answer by sarahlu at 10:09 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• The only thing that has worked for me is getting a manicure like sarahlu said. Otherwise, I still have that urge to nibble on my nails nervously. I tried to hotsauce remedy but it didn't work because I love hot stuff.
    AmourSpork

Answer by AmourSpork at 2:14 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Getting them done (fake nails; I like the gel version) thats what worked for me, all the nasty germy stories in the world have stopped me, & I have to go one further than the manicure.... get them bad boys done & professionally removed..viola' nice pretty nails.
    shesmokesalot

Answer by shesmokesalot at 1:50 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• if you can't stop its a psychological thing. fake nails are cheaper than therapy.
    sophistcatdfury

Answer by sophistcatdfury at 3:39 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• i had this habit as a teen and my nails were horrible as a result. i started putting on a coat of clear polish every day, and one day i bit before it was dry.. YUCK! never did it again.
    mhaney03

Answer by mhaney03 at 1:25 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• There is a nail polish out that is made for nail biting and thumbsucking, iforget the name but it is very bitter and if you ask your pharmacist they should be ableto help you. That worked for my sister. Some ppl ive heard will use cayenne pepper on the fingers to deter these habits as well
    Jaliceawrites

Answer by Jaliceawrites at 12:30 PM on Apr. 27, 2011