Some insist President Obama doesn't respect our military and their sacrifice...

but Mitt Romeny doesn't even know we are at war,,,

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/04/26/us-usa-campaign-romney-idUSTRE73O5EC20110426?feedType=RSS&virtualBrandChannel=10104

An opinion piece by the former Massachusetts governor focused on last week's threat by an influential ratings agency to cut the U.S. credit rating.

That message was quickly drowned out by backlash after Romney referred to Obama's stimulus programs as "one of the biggest peacetime spending binges in American history."

In doing so, Romney neglected to acknowledge the U.S. wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and current involvement in Libya.

so serious...WTF?? Where are the REAL republican candidates ??

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 10:07 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 10:07 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• The New Hampshire Democratic Party and progressive-leaning veterans group VetVoice pounced.

"Romney is forgetting that we have troops in harm's way in three different theaters is astonishing," Richard Allen Smith of VetVoice said in a statement, noting that 36 U.S. service members had been killed in action this month alone.

Romney representatives said he meant to write "since World War Two" to frame the extent of Obama's spending.

The column in New Hampshire's Union Leader newspaper followed Standard & Poor's warning on April 18 that it might downgrade the United States' prized AAA credit rating unless the Obama administration and Congress find a way to slash the $1.4 trillion annual federal deficit within two years.

sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 10:08 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Romney! LOL! I don't give 2 figs what Romney thinks/says/does. I thought you were about to tell me that Obama had flip flopped and was now a military supporter.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:23 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Obama's stimulus package did not go to the war effort. It want to the fat-cats on wall street and to his union buddies.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 10:31 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I agree with YSK and Nates...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 10:35 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Mitt Romney? LOL.

Yourspecial~ I concur....
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:37 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Technically, we are not at war. War has never been declared by Congress. We are in Conflicts.

In addition, if you think about it, we have been in Conflicts for many, many years. Panama, Grenada, Lebanon, Bosnia, Somalia, Desert Storm, Kosovo are all examples of the conflicts we have been in during my lifetime. I'm not sure when the last "peacetime" actually occured.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:37 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

We are at war in Afghanistan

sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 8:10 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I think he needs to be checked for senility, but he's nothing more than a glorified commentator now. I don't think anyone takes him seriously!

BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 8:37 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

•  

I think he needs to be checked for senility, but he's nothing more than a glorified commentator now. I don't think anyone takes him seriously!

In NH, he beat Obama in a poll there..and was the only republican to do so...In the current events group, he was being discussed as the possible candidate....

sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 8:46 AM on Apr. 26, 2011