open discussion

what do you all thank about being a surrogate?

katelynnsmommy2

Asked by katelynnsmommy2 at 1:42 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• i would love to be one if i would be able to seperate from a child i had been with for nine months!!
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 1:44 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I would love to be one for someone. biblically speaking I don't know if it's right b/c it's science envolved, not a natural occurence. but I would gladly be one
    SMWOODS

Answer by SMWOODS at 1:44 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I think it's a wonderful thing and would do it for someone and would hope someone would do it for me if need be. Like all things, it's not for everyone but that doesn't make it right or wrong. Being a surrogate isn't being an egg donor it's just like borrowing a person's "oven" to bake the "bun" so to speak. If my oven was broken and i wanted to bake something I would borrow an oven. HAHA Just my opinion
    2mommies4g

Answer by 2mommies4g at 1:46 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• That’s against gods laws. Therefore I would never do such a thing. Also what the people above said. But if you don’t believe in the bible. Do as you please. Are you asking from a bible/religious standpoint I’m asking because you categorized it here? Most religious people would say no depending on religion. I’m Christian so I would say no.
    Anonymous

• i would do it in a heart beat.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:48 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I am Catholic but I personally think they have too many "rules". lol I would do it in a heartbeat IF I knew I could separate myself from a child that I carried for 9 mths. I just don't know if I would be able to give the baby up. KWIM? But if I knew I could do it and not worry about that, I agree...in a heartbeat.
    my2luvbugs

Answer by my2luvbugs at 1:56 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• wait, anon148 i'm a christian and i don't see why its wrong? Please educate me LOL (i'm being serious) i never heard of a reasoning why itd be wrong
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 2:08 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I think it's great. I've offered to be one for my sister and BIL if they need me to.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 2:10 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• anon148: i agree with krazyash023 - I'm a christian also.. how is it against God. And please.. if you found a bible verse on this one.. please share. Me.. I'd do it.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 2:15 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I want a baby of my own too badly, I could never do that. I think it would be too hard.

The only way it could be against God's plan, is because it's in a way, playing God. I believe that there are woman out there that are not meant to have biological children. I have a friend who tried to get pregnant for 9 years, but she adopted two beautiful girls, and that, imo, was God's plan.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 2:45 PM on Dec. 3, 2008