Tell me if I am wrong but Shouldn't president Obama be raising a million dollars to help those who got hit by the tornado or those who are trying to get jobs? Don't you think that is a smarter reason. NOT for your re-election campaign. Am I wrong?

RayneStorm3

Asked by RayneStorm3 at 10:51 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• He should be doing something to LOWER the price of Gas if he EVER wants to get re-elected!!!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:52 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Natural Disasters Insurance came to existence to cover this.
    MMXI

Answer by MMXI at 10:55 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• No, if the man wants any chance at re-election he has to campaign, that's just part of how it works.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:59 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• That would be really nice, but let's face it, he has yet to do anything postive and productive in his term in office. Why start now?
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:03 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Totally agree more jobs first :(
    LovableFox

Answer by LovableFox at 11:06 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Well, I agree with OP, if he did that...if he made an effort to make a difference, I would CONSIDER him (although i am NOT a fan of his at all, but he would have proved me wrong).
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 11:14 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• That's not his priority and doesn't fit in with his agenda...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 11:15 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• In that case , it should apply equally to all politicians who are raising funds for re-elction .
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 11:29 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• RayneStorm3, you're not wrong. I don't understand why any candidate needs hundreds of millions of dollars to campaign for president. I also don't understand why the sitting president needs to start campaigning this early.

If Obama did something as noble as saying, "You know, for this fundraiser (at $35,000 a plate), I won't put a dime of your money into my campaign coffers. All money donated will go toward the victims of the _____________ disaster for the rebuilding of their community." He would see such a jump in his polling numbers because it would seem like he actually cared about someone other than himself for a change.

But that will never happen, because he doesn't.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 7:12 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Do you want him to do a Variety Show? Or maybe a National Lemonade Stand?
    I think many of you imagine that the president has more power than he does.
    And May_20, you really don't want to get into the holy mess Bush made of Louisiana...
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 8:00 AM on Apr. 26, 2011