How can I help my daughter with peeing at night,she is 8years old and showing no sign of stopping?

debbielayshades

Asked by debbielayshades at 10:52 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• She will in time I did the same thing for along time it will go away just wake her up to go to the bathroom and dont make her feel bad about it
    devinalexis

Answer by devinalexis at 10:54 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I would suggust nothing to drink after 7pm. make sure that she uses the bathroom before she goes to bed, and then take her to the bathroom again before you go to bed. In the morning, hopefully she will be dry. I had the same problem. Hope this works fo you. GOOD LUCK.
    yummysmummy

Answer by yummysmummy at 10:56 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• It could be a medical problem. Take her to the doctor.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:05 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Bedwetting is not a bladder problem it is a sleep problem. I was a wetter as was my youngest daughter. Here is a website the helped me tremendously with my daughter. She was dry in 3 months.  http://www.stopwetting.com/  Hope this helps.

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 11:08 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Yes,it could be medical. There r kids I know who have this problem and they r on medication to control it. thank u luvmygrtz.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:12 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• One of my kids was a bedwetter right up until she was 8 or 9, but then the accidents became less and less frequent until it wasn't an issue. Don't make her feel bad about it. It's just part of being a kid and for you being a parent.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 11:23 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I would definitely bring it up at her next doctor visit.
    bether89

Answer by bether89 at 12:39 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• First, I would make sure she is not constipated.
    If it has nothing to do with constipation then I would limit anything to drink for last 2 hours before bedtime. Have her go to the bathroom before bed, wake her up to go when you go to bed. If you or hubby get up early before she gets up try getting her up them. Little by little she will start to wake up to go. Some kids are just heavier sleepers than others and don't realize they have to go.
    shymom24

Answer by shymom24 at 2:21 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• make her pee before bed time wake her up often & buy pull ups i have same problem with my 5 year old daughter
    sassy21176

Answer by sassy21176 at 3:37 PM on Apr. 29, 2011