Eating out late at night

I went to a restaurant tonight (a pizza buffet) and there was an hour left until the close. Normally I try to not go places near closing but with it being a buffet and still an hr to go we went to eat. We were tried to talk out of eating there by the staff and generally given the run around. Me, being stubborn, refused to leave and offered to order from the menu. Which made a lot more work for them instead of just letting us eat from the ample food already on the bar, Was I wrong? Should a restaurant be able to refuse service and give crappy service just because they close in an HOUR? BTW normally when we eat there we can be out in about 20 to 30 min depending on how busy they are. And yes I made it clear that what was already made and out was plenty and they wouldnt have to make anything extra if we ate the buffet. Instead they had to make 3 small pizzas for us.

alligurl186

Asked by alligurl186 at 10:55 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I'd call someone. Your money is their paycheck. I work in the food industry and it is my job to serve until the time I'm suppose to close.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 11:04 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• They shouldn't have treated you like that. I can see them being irritated if it was 5 minutes before close, but an hour? You guys didn't do anything wrong.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:59 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• That was rude!! U need to call their corporate office and complain. We offer food up to closing time,we close the dining room at 11:00,we let people stay to finish up and we lock the doors so no one else comes in then we lock the inside customers out when they r finished.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 10:58 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Businesses have the right to refuse service to anyone. With that attitude I would have left and taken my money elsewhere, making sure the next day the manager, or higher up, heard about this.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:59 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• U were being nice. I went to an icecream place 15 minutes before they closed. They had the door locked already. I stood outside the door and called the owner, whom I happened to know.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 11:00 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I would have been livid! Dimes to doughnuts management wasn't there. Dancer's right, this should be reported!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 11:13 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• What is the name of the restaurant?
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 10:59 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• The buffet items can be taken home by the employees at a lot of places. Sounds like someone wanted to take home what was on the buffet.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:59 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I have already emailed corporate. It was Pizza Inn. A place my children and I love. I understand that a restaurant can refuse service but they didnt refuse it. They just made more work for them to try and prove a point. The crappy service was a downer too. Seems to me that we should have left so that they wouldnt get our money but at that point I was out to try and prove a point too. (childish I know) but I am tired of being taken advantage of.
    alligurl186

Comment by alligurl186 (original poster) at 11:02 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• That is the same thing I said BTW. I knew they ate the pizza that was left over. I have seen them do it.
    alligurl186

Comment by alligurl186 (original poster) at 11:03 PM on Apr. 25, 2011