Stay at home moms.........

Do you bring out the trash too? I'm not talking empty the trash when it's full, but rather do you bring out all the recycling and trash cans to the curb? Many times I do, but sometimes I don't. Is it really my job to do every single household chore? Mind you, I'm taking classes and not a permanent stay at home mom................although I'd love to be................So, I do have other obligations. Am I terrible for bringing everything to the cans and allowing him to roll it to the curb?

BridgetC140

Asked by BridgetC140 at 11:10 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• We don't have a "curb." DH loads our trash up in the back of his truck to take to a dump in WV (we live in OH...it's a little joke we have...dumping our trash in WV...no offense to any WV'ians out there...)
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:12 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• The ONE thing DH does around the house is take that crap to the curbs (we have a gardener under our rental lease so no, he doesn't even mow the lawn.) He can't even change the damn toilet paper or paper towel rolls when he empties them. He can do that one thing each week, and no I usually don't feel guilty about it!
    Anonymous

• I am a stay at home mom and my husband works full time but it is his responsibility to take the trash out!
    Threes_for_me

Answer by Threes_for_me at 11:14 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• anything outside = hubby job
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 11:17 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Trash is the ONLY thing I ask of my SO...I cook, I do laundry, I do dishes etc, etc, etc...HE brings the trash out! I will do it occasionally if there is something that kept him from it or what not...but 99% of the time...its his job.
    sbenbenek

Answer by sbenbenek at 11:17 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Our 14 yr old son has trash duty. I take it out if it's full in the kitchen. He gathers it for the weekly pickup and takes it down to the end of the driveway. My Hubby's not home enough to deal with it. He's gone a month at a time, so it's our eldest sons responsibility.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:17 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I'm a SAHM and he works a full-time job he hates to support us. He cooks our evening meals about 6 days a week but that's ALL. I do the trash, the dishes the laundry the vacuuming the cleaning and tidying, bathing kids, changing diapers, all daytime meals, mowing and yardwork. When he's home, he watches tv, plays video games, or is doing stuff for work, or cooking dinner. But the kitchen has to be clean before he starts and it's my job to clean up after him.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 11:18 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I'm a SAHM and I gather all the garbage but my husband does the cat litter and takes the garbage to the curb.
    Mom1127-0125

Answer by Mom1127-0125 at 11:18 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Thanks ladies! I see I'm not the only one who hates dealing with the trash...........especially after doing EVERYTHING else!!
    BridgetC140

Comment by BridgetC140 (original poster) at 11:20 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I will take it out to the curb if my husband is running late to work but for the most part he dose it. im fine as long as one of us takes it out
    devinalexis

Answer by devinalexis at 11:20 PM on Apr. 25, 2011