From a Christian prospective....

What do you think about Prop 8 in California? why? And do you have an biblical foundation for your answer?

jenandrews

Asked by jenandrews at 1:49 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• whats prop 8?
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 1:50 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• say what?
    Anonymous

• Proposition 8 in California states that marriage is only to be valid and recongized if marriage is between a man and woman. The people of California voted yes to Prop 8. And now the pro-gay movement is claming thier civil rights are being violated and trying to overturn the Prop..
    jenandrews

Answer by jenandrews at 1:53 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I think its a good move!! And i truely believe CA will be the next Sodom and Gomorrah (sp??)
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 1:57 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• LOL me too...
    Anonymous

• It’s not okay marriage stems from the bible and is made by god/bible. So if you’re gay you clearly don’t believe in the bible or you are just picking and choosing what you do and don’t have to follow. If you’re gay knowing it from the bible what would marriage have to do with you? Why would you want to get married? I’m so confused but in conclusion I don’t think gays should be able to marry one another.
    Anonymous

• I'm in Cali - and twice the majority of the ppl in Cali have voted that marriage is between a man and a woman. The bible calls it an abomination. Here are the bible verses.. OT and NT.

Lev. 18:22, Lev. 20:13, Romans 1:26-27, I Corinthians 6:9, I Timothy 1:8-11, Jude 1:6-7,

The first vote was overturned by the liberal California supreme court. The Prop 8 vote which did pass... is now being challenged. If it is overturned again... that will mean our court systems do not care what the majority want.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 2:12 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I think it's pretty messed up. LOVE IS LOVE.
    Gays should be able to be just as miserable as straits (I love that one).
    3Smiths

Answer by 3Smiths at 2:13 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• 3smith please give me biblcial foundation to the question... Again this is from a Christian prospective...
    jenandrews

Answer by jenandrews at 2:34 PM on Dec. 3, 2008