HAS YOUR DOG EVER PROTECTED YOU?

What happened? what kind of dog do u have?

Rydersmommy616

Asked by Rydersmommy616 at 11:27 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Pets

• I had a mixed German/Belgium Shepard. If you walked into my house unannounced he would eat you. Once he hit the front door with all 4 feet and slammed it in my friends face then proceeded to try and eat the door. He also wouldn't let anyone in my car. I would literally have to hold him down. Once you was in the car it was fine. My bf at the time that the dog was raised with couldn't even get in my car. I loved that dog.
    firepony

Answer by firepony at 11:29 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Me and my boyfriend at the time were wrestling. My sweet cocker spaniel Ariel kicked his ass thinking he was beating me up. Ah, the love of a dog is great!
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 11:29 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Well, he's never had to actually protect me, but my lab/chow has sat by my bed after I had surgery, refusing to leave my side for days while I recovered. He also protects my youngest son (19) from my older sons if they're wrestling and rough housing. He won't bite them, but he will put his teeth on them and growl at them if they mess with the younger brother.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:30 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Yup... yellow lab... he didn't like the way the UPS guy reached in the door and went after him. I was preggers at the time too. He got the guys pants, but not the guy. He said he should have known better b/c they get like that when "mom" is preggers.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:31 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Lol! Ours only weighs about ten pounds (he's a toy fox terrier), and he's kind of a coward, so he's not much of a guard dog, but he's extremely protective of my daughter. If she's sick or something he will not leave her side for the world, and growls if anyone other than my son or me comes into their room. I say 'their room' because he only sleeps in her bed and he gets all depressed if she spends the night at a friend's. I don't know what he's going to do when she goes off to college.
    lytate95

Answer by lytate95 at 11:39 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• 4 years ago, we were camping and a bull entered our camp. My oldset dog who is a pit bull mix stood between us and this bull and would not let it near us. she could have been killed but she made sure we were safe. This dog is normally my chicken dog she has never had a ton of confidence and is pretty wimpy. When this occured we only had 2 dogs. My other dog wanted to play with the bull. He is a flat-coat retriever. About 2 years ago, The flat-coat went after a 9 year old boy. This boy came into our campsite and approached my daughter in a way that Beau perceived him a threat. If I had not been standing close to Beau I know he would have bitten him. There was something off about this kid I don't know what it was but Beaus sensed something and protected Kylie. The father later told us that this kid has been bitten by 5 other dogs. This is totally out of charator for him he is your typical goofy fun loving clown of a dog.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 11:56 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• a DOG'S LOYALTY IS AMAZING
    Rydersmommy616

Comment by Rydersmommy616 (original poster) at 11:59 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• My sweet lab shepard mix has protected me a few times. The first time, I was dating a guy that use to let his friend come over and use the spare bedroom for "flings" and the guy thought he would come in the masted bedroom when I was sleeping and try to have a "fling" with me. She tried to eat his manhood. The friend gave the key back after that. LOL

The second time same BF and I had a roommate and my dog hated her, she tried to eat the roommate all the time. Th=urns out my dog was right.

My husband and I "same dog" had a roommate that my dog hated and got her to move out. Dogs are way smart.
    sweetangie79

Answer by sweetangie79 at 1:24 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Our family dog saved my grandparents from a fire... they were at the cottage and turned on the oil stove before they went to bed, not aware that the chimney was blocked and all the smoke/fumes were backing up in to the cottage as they slept. The dog ran to their room and woke them up by barking at them... they had to crawl under the smoke to get out of the cottage! That same dog also led my parents out of the woods when they went hiking and got lost... they wandered around for hours with the dog pulling at the leash... finally they decided to just follow the dog and she led them back to the road even though they had gone FAR off the path! She was a very smart dog... her name was Shiloh and she was a Welsh Corgi.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 11:30 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Our pitbull is very protective of our kids i don't have much worry about anyone entering our yard/house that shouldn't be. "Ban the deed not the breed" lol
    Genice6

Answer by Genice6 at 11:41 AM on Apr. 26, 2011