For Christians and Bible believers: I'm not sure I understand....

Why do (most? some?) Jewish people not believe that Christ is the Messiah??? When do they think the Messiah will come?

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 11:32 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• The reason is because they were actually expecting a King.. a royal prince... of the earthly kind. They did not expect Jesus to be born in a manger, to be raised by a carpenter and to be the Son of God. Their interpertation of what a King is , is different than what God intended a king to be. There fore they rejected Jesus on that basis.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:02 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Wouldn't it be better to ask the Jewish believers why they don't believe Christ is the Messiah as opposed to Christians?
    They don't believe Jesus has fulfilled Messanic prophecies, he did not meet the personal requirements of the messiah (was not a desendant of david from his father's lineage) among a number of other reasons. Those being the major two that I know of.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:13 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Lol...good point @Kristi...I should have been asking Jewish believers lol
    Lucky209

Comment by Lucky209 (original poster) at 11:17 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• By prophecy of the bible coming true, they rejected Jesus, but not all do.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 11:43 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I asked that same question and as it was explained to me, Jesus did not meet all the qualifications to be the Messiah but I'm not sure (maybe I just can't remember) what those qualifications are.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 12:07 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Because the Messiah was supposed to fulfill all sorts of prophecy and qualifications the first time around (without a 2nd coming), which Jesus did not do.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 1:24 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I don't know what prophecy He was supposed to have fulfilled but didn't. According to my Bible, Jesus fulfilled every prophecy that was spoken about Him. I honestly don't know. I think you should ask someone who's Jewish. lol
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 3:42 PM on Apr. 26, 2011