Im loosing my mind... *mostly a vent*

Im doing the same thing day after day. taking care of the baby, cleaning.... I feel like a single mama. My so is working 7 day weeks.We never do anything together and I dk I just feel like a single mom when im not. Im not sure how all the single mamas do it. Any ideas to change up anything??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in General Parenting

• well , DH is army and we live on post ( and willfor another 20 years ) BUT he is gone allot! We have 5 kids ( ages 8,5,4,1 and 5 monthes) and the best way to stay sane for me is to do the house ( chores) and Im a neat freak...lol then take them out! Even babies can go with and you can enjoy yourself! Do picnics at the parks, go to the zoo, water park, beach etc. We find all kinds of local things to do! Like flea markets, and farmes markets, and fruit picking etc. Also you can start a garden, and you will feel so accomplished when it is done! :) It will give ou something else to focus on! Good luck mama!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 8:32 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Don't you DARE compare yourself to a single mother when you have someone else out there working to pay all your bills and take care of you so you can sit home with the child. That is so wrong to even compare yourself with women who struggle and have no one to help financially. Poor you, you don't get to go out and play with friends. You have to stay home and take care of the home and children. Then get a job and sitter but don't think you have it bad. If you have a flat tire you can call him. If you have a fire during the night you have someone to grab your child. If you are hungry you have someone to bring home food. Appreciate him for what he does for you and stop whining over being an adult.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Maybe you should do what a friend of mine said once.
    She was always saying the same thing.
    Well he told her lets switch. You get a job i will be a at home dad. Give me time to learn what he needed to know and also bond with the child.

She wouldnt do it..
    He says in the back of his mind at times it really bugs him cause they are not even together anymore. Now he doesnt get a chance to do it. And when he does its alone just with the child. Not as a family. He took it pretty hard.. Still not 100% sure myself that wouldnt have worked or not but would have been great to try for equal rights at least.
    shymomoftheloud

Answer by shymomoftheloud at 4:31 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I feel like that sometimes. I have to do it all, while my DH has his work and stuff to do. Its hard I know. Maybe you can go for walks, now that the weather is getting better. my kids are older, but I take them places, I get them and ME out of the house. Do you have a friend that can watch your baby while you go get a mani or pedi? Just do something for YOU. Its so important to do things for you. I didnt and was facing a Divorce just last week because I was resenting my husband! You need to do something for you so you dont loose your mind. I was there like I said Just LAST week!
    Ambear72

Answer by Ambear72 at 11:44 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• my third is 11 weeks and i was loosing my mind trying to get into the swing of three! i take my time grocery shopping. browse and just have some quite time! just go for a few minutes but just leave or you will loose it! mine starting to understand three is much more work and maybe i dont just sit around all day!

Threes_for_me

Answer by Threes_for_me at 12:05 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• just find things outside of the house that interst you ......go to mommy and me class, libary hour, join play groups in your area.....heck volunteer at local places like food banks or clothing shelters.....i bet if you looked around you thats a lot you could be doing outside your house and you feel better about yourself.......and yes being a single mom is hard but if you take it one step at a time and one crisis at a time its doable......
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 10:35 AM on Apr. 26, 2011