How do I get my DD (will turn 4 in May) to stop cussing at me? adult content

I'm not going to lie and say I've never cussed around her, but we've never cussed at her and I've tried to make sure she knows that it's not nice to call people things, but here lately she's started calling me a stupid bitch.

AmourSpork

Asked by AmourSpork at 11:38 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• When my kids have used an inappropriate word I don't tell them it's "not nice"... I told them that those are adult words and they are only to be used by adults. I told them that if I hear them saying those words they will get punished. That put an end to it. But you have to be prepared to go thru with the punishment (like send to room, time out, loose a toy type stuff).

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:42 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• "Say you are sorry but the only way you know how to get the dirty words out is to wash it out" That is the biggest line of crap I have heard in a long time. Give you kids more credit then that. If you wouldn't put it in your mouth you DON'T put it in your kids mouth. Smarten up!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I have used a tiny bit of regular black pepper, table pepper on my son when he just wouldn't stop. I have also used other not hot spices. Cumin tastes horrible but it has worked. It doesn't take much and has never hurt my son. Lemon juice works to, my son hates sour.

sweetangie79

Answer by sweetangie79 at 1:16 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• wow..thumbs down Im guessing is from the "ass whippers"...and spices in her mouth?? that's borderline in my opinion...you all are off your rockers if you think it's ok to curse in front of your kids but not let them get away with it...a bunch of hypocrites...thumbs down ALL you want...it's pathetic the way kids are raised today...Im really curious why my first comment got a thumbs down..is it b/c I suggested to stop cursing??
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 1:31 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• wow, her butt would be sore in my house!
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 11:39 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Whip her!
    MaliyahsMommy12

Answer by MaliyahsMommy12 at 11:40 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Just b/c you've never cursed AT her doesn't mean she hasn't heard it, which obviously she has...that's your first step is to stop ANY cursing at all....To tell you the truth...I do it when Im really upset but away from my dd and under my breath. She has Never heard me curse...Nor will I take her around anyone that does...It only takes one time for them to hear you say it....Also, just b/c you tell her it's not nice doesn't make any difference. Actions speak a lot louder than words.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:41 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• At the PP's...don't you think it's a bit hypocritical to "whip her" when her mommy is the one saying it???? wow....
    calliesmommie

• instant trip to her rm. Just say that is not allowed and send her away till she is ready to talk to you in a respectful way. If that doesn't work and she does it where it just slips out well then wash her mouth out. Say you are sorry but the only way you know how to get the dirty words out is to wash it out. Tiniest bit of soap. Give a rag and a glass of water so she can wipe her mouth right away. Be really matter of fact, stay very calm. Say that you wish it didn't work this way but that's just the way it is. And if she is hearing "stupid bitch" from anyone in her life fix that!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Apr. 26, 2011