If u want a little laugh, read how dumb i was.

I thought that swaddling was when you hold them real tight and close to you and rock them from side to side trying to comfort and calm them when they are fussing or having a fit. But by reading some of the latest posted answers to questions I was WRONG. I get the impression now that is is when you wrap them up so they can't fling there arms around like when sleeping. How dumb was i...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:52 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Not dumb just uninformed--lol
    coala

Answer by coala at 1:54 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• you learn something new everyday :)
    2mommies4g

Answer by 2mommies4g at 1:56 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Aw that is very sweet. I am not sure about swaddling, myself. I know lots of people are for it, but I suspect that the baby stops crying because she can't get a good breath to cry with and not so much that she feels comforted as in the womb. I watched a program a few years back that dealt with babies in an overseas country where swaddling is customary. The comment was made then that the babies can't expand their lungs enough to cry and so become quiet. However I am not claiming to be right.

Answer by Bmat at 2:03 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Back when I worked in day care, I used to think the same thing!!! While pregnant, my cousin had her baby a few weeks before me. That's when I learned what it actually was.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:03 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• LOL, I love when people can admit to stuff like this, good for you! :D
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:26 PM on Dec. 3, 2008