Would your inlaws DRIVE an hour each way to see your children and DH

??????????????????????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:50 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• Shoot, they don't drive the 10 mins. We usually have to go see them! But maybe if we were an hour away they might...
    AshleyLynnW

Answer by AshleyLynnW at 11:51 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Nope. DH passed away and any visit with the IL's have been because I did the driving to see them.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:51 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• yes and mine actually live exactly and hour away and do drive to see my kids, but they are such great grandparents, they actually drive to iowa once every 2 months, 13 hours each way to visit my S/O kids from his first marriage.
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 11:51 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I doubt it. My in-laws live in town and dont even come to visit! lol
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 11:52 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• My FIl lives 5 hours away and he will drive up here to see the kids and hubby for the day then drive home. My MIL would not.
    Ambear72

Answer by Ambear72 at 11:52 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• My son's gma drives 6 hours one way to see him about once a month on average. She is an amazing grandma, and I appreciate her effort to stay involved with my son where his father lives 5 minutes away and does not.
    Anonymous

• My inlaws live four hours away and they drove here on day for a visit and dinner and drove back the same day!!
    ashlee03

Answer by ashlee03 at 11:58 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Yes. Mine have driven much farther than that to visit, and we've driven much farther than that to visit them. In fact, right now we live so far away from them that they are having to FLY 14 hrs (I think it is) to visit. (We're stationed overseas.) They're coming to visit next month.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 12:07 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• my inlaws would and do. But oh my gosh my parents are driving me insane. they nitpick every little mistake I make(like fixing lunch and forgetting to wipe the counter). I have HAD IT! For now on if they want to see my kids they can drive the 1he45min to come and see us. I don't need to deal w/ my mom's crap.

Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 12:07 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• nope. My stbxfil has made no effort to be apart of my daughters life at all. He is making the exact same mistakes with his grand child that he made with his own children. It is really sad.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 12:21 AM on Apr. 26, 2011