Antidepressant that won't space me out?

I take Effexor, but I can only take 75mg a day. Any more and it gives me panic attacks and makes me manic. Last time I st my doctor she added Paxil but it made me so confused and spacey that I had to quit after a couple weeks, because it was affecting my job performance. I know that I can't take Wellbutrin because it has bad side effects for me also. Of all the other antidepressants out there, which are the most likely to leave me clear- headed?

kasaloso

Asked by kasaloso at 12:01 AM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Health

• i take zoloft regularly and ativan for panic attacks...u need to tell ur doctor u nee something else....how long have you been on the meds and can take up to 4 weeks to work properly...i also used lexapro and that was ok
    suhweetness

Answer by suhweetness at 12:05 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Zoloft is a very commom anti-depressant, but everyone is different. Are you able to cut your Effexor in half and try that? Also, maybe you can take it at night to offset the sleepiness.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:56 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I take Cymbalta, and once it gets in your system and you get past the side-effects(they only lasted a couple weeks for me), it's not supposed to make you drowsy or sleepy, and for the most part, after a cup of coffee, I'm good to go in the mornings and all day. Have you tried that one yet?
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 9:17 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I take Zoloft - so far so good here.
    MommaSiete

Answer by MommaSiete at 1:15 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Thanks ladies. I'd tried Zoloft before and it exhausts me, but I never tried Prozac. Since I can get that as a generic, my doctor and I decided to try it for me and see how it goes. Just 20mg a day for a month at first, to see if I can tolerate it.
    kasaloso

Comment by kasaloso (original poster) at 8:52 PM on Apr. 26, 2011