Not yet divorced, pregnant with mr right now's child of another race?

back story- my sister got preg at 17, got married and had 3 more kids staying in a very abusive relationship for 16 years and is in the process of getting a divorce. our parents were born in the early 1930's and don't believe in inter racial relationships. very old school, no premarital sex, tatoos, etc....
well my sister is pregnant at the age of 36 with her boyfriends baby. she did not want anymore kids, he didn't want anymore kids, but she thinks an abortion will affect her too much emotionally/psychologically. she tried and couldn't do it. so she is going to have the baby. oh yeah she is barely making it financially but the financially secure boyfriend will help.
HOW DOES SHE TELL OUR PARENTS? my mom has a load of medical problems including congential heart failure. and my dad already has told her off about making bad decisions. and they are old(78). she worried about giving my mom a heart attack. she is 10 weeks pregnant.
ANY ADVICE WILL HELP, yes she knows that she is has screwed up.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• I'd take it slow. Get mom used to her being pregnant before she springs the really big surprise on her. Keep in mind that there is no cure for Congenital Heart Disease so if she does have a heart attack it might just be from the CHD and not from sis. My dad had that and my grandmother kept trying to tell me that my bad decisions caused all his heart attacks. Thank goodness his doctor told me she was wrong.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:28 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• wow.....I honestly don't know what to say about that one except I hope they can give that baby a life it deserves...as far as telling her parents. Well, she is an adult and it sux that they are kind of close minded. it sounds like they are set in their ways. Sad situation.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:23 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I feel sorry for the kid-to be born into such circumstances where he/she will be unloved by grandparents and unwanted by the mother.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 12:38 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• This may sound harsh, but your sister is a grown up, and I know it's not ideal, but thats not the babys fault. Your parents will juts have to deal with it!
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 6:53 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Would she consider adoption?
    AustinsMommyMI

Answer by AustinsMommyMI at 12:34 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• SHe just needs to tell them straight up and be firm in her choice. Your parents will survive it - may not like it but will survive it
    monshine2

Answer by monshine2 at 1:27 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• i would be honest with the parents as soon as possible.
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 6:43 PM on Apr. 26, 2011