My son is 16...smokes pot..failing everything in school...left home and said hes living with his friend.Help!!

silverlining321

Asked by silverlining321 at 12:29 AM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• It sucks REALLY bad. But let him do it. He will figure out (hopefully) how good he had it.
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 12:39 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I don't know how you feel about this, but how about a boot camp?
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 12:47 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• He's 16 and under age, if you don't reel him in you could find yourself in court. If he skips school, this is truancy. Smoking pot, illegal. I have 2 sons ages 24 & 20 and if one of them were acting out like that I would have called the cops. I'm the mom, not them. Don't allow him to control you. You need to show him who's the boss.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:49 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I agree w/ Kahy675 she very right!
    ZeenaS.Muh

Answer by ZeenaS.Muh at 1:28 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• here is wat could happen! this is wat happened with my lil bro!
    at 15 totaled my moms car got put on diversion
    at 16 got arrested for pot got put on probation
    at 17 dropped out of school
    a month ago he totaled his car with pot on him and got arrested again! mom bailed him out of jail and they r going to court next week! oh and he will b 18 in 3 days! and my parents after being married for 25 years are getting divorced all because of how my lil bro walks all over my mom and she believes every lie he tells her! and my dad cant take it anymore!

U R THE MOTHER! CALL THE COPS OR GET UR SON IN BOOT CAMP OR SOMETHING TO PULL HIS HEAD OUT OF HIS @$$!
    good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Your his parent. Contact juvenile court, have him found unruly, declare him a runaway, get him home, get him in counseling and rehab and whatever else he needs. You have rights!
    tracylynnr31767

Answer by tracylynnr31767 at 3:22 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Your the parent, your son lives where YOU say he lives. Call the police, have him brought home or placed in rehab/boot camp.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 5:56 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Contact juvenile courts and tell them "I give up", he will be placed under a JIPS program (Juveniles in need of protective services). It is a program that makes the juvenile responsible for his actions. Until he is 18, YOU are responsible for him and if he is getting into legal trouble, skipping school, etc YOU can be held liable. Report him to the police as a habitual runaway and drug user and let HIM deal with the consequences of his behaviors.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:58 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Ok hes only sixteen GO GET HIM! find out where he gets his stuff and put an end to it then take him to a prison and see if they will give him a tour ,but dont foget to tell them why you are there, you cannot go with leave him in the guards hands. then maybe a religous based school with counsiling!!!
    CASS_44

Answer by CASS_44 at 4:59 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• call the cops. At 16 hes a runaway and they will bring him home, Keep doing it over and over
    mommyof3-2008

Answer by mommyof3-2008 at 12:14 PM on May. 19, 2011