Not paying Child Support (venting)

Why is it that if a dad doesn't pay child support they go to jail, loose their license and the state is all over them. But a mom doesn't pay doesn't go to jail, looses her license but gets them back, and the state isn't on them hardly at all.

My DH ex wife is suppose to pay child support. She hasn't paid in over 3 years. They went to court over it (that lasted a year) and in the end they dropped how much she had to pay by $200, gave her back her license and we still haven't seen any money. If this had been my DH not paying he would be in jail and he wouldn't of got his license back and I seriously doubt they would of dropped the amount even a penny.

Ex wife isn't exactly the picture perfect mother either. She doesn't help with anything, hardly ever sees her boys unless it is convenient for her, and god forbid she had a toothache her weekend cause apparently she can't be with her sons with a toothache.
She doesn't help support them emotionally, physically, or financially.

People need to understand that there are Dead Beat Moms out there just like there are dads and they should be treated just as harshly as dads are when they don't pay.

firepony

Asked by firepony at 12:29 AM on Apr. 26, 2011 in General Parenting

• I agree

Answer by admckenzie at 12:30 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• My ex hasn't paid in 2 years and they've done nothing to him but give him a slap on the wrist. Not all deadbeat dads get harsh treatment.

Answer by missanc at 7:43 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• a lot of dead beat (moms as well as dad) only get a slap ever know and then about this......honestly i wouldnt count it in your budget......so when a check shows up its a great suprise you can either save it for the kids later or get them a great treat with the money.....
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 10:27 AM on Apr. 26, 2011