mineral makeup

does mineral makeup really cover like it says? whats the best kind? bare minerals? sheer cover?

krazymami028

Asked by krazymami028 at 1:58 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• Personally, I think that bare minerals are great for younger people. But as I got older, I felt I needed more coverage. Bare minerals did not work for me. It seemed to wear off in a few hours. I can't speak for everyone, but that is my findings.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 2:02 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I've used the id Bare Essentuals for a couple years. I have bad skin and it limits my breakouts. MP uses either Maybeline or Loreal, so you should ask her too. I recently switched to Almay color match liquid foundation, because it's a better base for me, but I still use the Bare Essentuals for a concealer and I use their brand of Mineral Veil as a loose, translucent powder.
    Lizzysapisces

Answer by Lizzysapisces at 3:42 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Krista Embry a famous make up artist recommends arbonnes mineral make up. Also arbonne has a 45 day guarentee so if for any reason you don't like it you can return it or exchange it. www.passion4more.myarbonne.com to check it out. I used it and loved it.. just like liquid a bit better so went back. Also she recommends the Intelligence Personalizer. Here is Krista Embry's link http://www.iyinow.com/index.asp?myid=4622 Check it out.. you can even get her DVD where you can do your whole makeup.
    KimArbonne

Answer by KimArbonne at 8:46 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I love Bare Minerals I've been using it for about 5 years. My mom uses it to.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 4:00 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I've never tried Bare Minerals, but I do use mineral makeup. I use Physician's Formula mineral line, and it has worked sooo much better than anything I've tried in the past
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 12:12 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• wearing makeup will cause your skin to age faster! Its better to stick with a little gloss and a little bit of mascara instead of caking your face with powders and foundation.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 9:04 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• MarGee, I could never go out with foundation at least, and I'm 32. I agree that it ages you faster, but might as well look good!
    ShelbysHope

Answer by ShelbysHope at 10:51 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I use a mineral make up from artisrty and it works AMAZING! I've never worn makeup before this, but i'll only wear that, I never look "mad up" and it feels great! If u have any questions send me a message!
    Deidra08

Answer by Deidra08 at 10:53 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Did you know Avon has a mineral makeup called Smooth Minerals . Dollar for dollar it is the best value, and Avon been around for over 125 years, so I think they're doing something right.

Smooth Minerals blush $10 verses Bare Minerals $18,
    Smooth Minerals eyeshadow $9.00 verses Bare Minerals $13
    Smooth Minerals foundation $11 verses Bare Minerals $25
    Smooth Minerals lipstick $8 verses Bare Minerals $15

Plus they have a great return policy so you've got nothing to lose. Ordering online is quick easy,secure, and orders over $30 ship free! IMO your 30 buck will go alot further with Avon
    Please check out my Avon web store www.youravon.com/lduryea I wouuld love to answer any question you may have about any of the products
    BaileyButton

Answer by BaileyButton at 12:30 AM on Aug. 2, 2010