How much do you spend on your kids for Christmas?

I have 5 total including two step-daughters. We normally do about $100 ea.

JCRestoredme

Asked by JCRestoredme at 1:59 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• I spent 350.00 so far for all 5 of mine. Was 600 but had to take stuff back just to keep food in the house.
    momof5kidz

Answer by momof5kidz at 2:03 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• We don't do big gifts, usually. My hubby and I have always done little stuff: Like one year I got him a plant, the next year: a good bottle of wine. One year he gave me a walking stick he made from a beaver stick he found floating in our favorite lake. He carved my name and a heart on it and laquered it. We probably won't spend more than $40 on our little girl this year. But I think the most would be $100, if we had the money for it.
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 2:07 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I only have 1 daughter who is 2 and I have spent about $430 and I will spend about another $40 or so including her stocking.
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 2:14 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• this yr since we are extra broke we are getting them something they have asked for for ages. xbox live. we got a good package deal. it's like $38 so that is all i'm intending to buy them. it's something they want and will enjoy. they understand we don't have a lot of money. plus every yr for the past few yrs i have gotten things like psp, bikes and zunes and within a few months they are broken or stolen so no more. i'm sick of that crap. they never put their bikes away to lazy and guess what they want again. i spent 500 on one bike and the other 300. who has that kind of money. hell i don't.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 2:52 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• not as much as we have in the past & they know were not going to either :) maybe 200 each we have 3
    tntornado45

Answer by tntornado45 at 3:16 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• $80 on me and my hubby each and $120 on my son. but its mostly things he needs wrappped up.
    Anonymous

• I saw this awsome article and I am going to follow it. Of course I am so broke assed right now that it will come in handy. I am spending nothing. Absoultely nothing. I hope to do this every year. We have an old doll house that my husband has painted and we call it the super action figure club house for my son. My MIL is ordering doll house furntiture for it. This is his big gift. Then we are putting a dvd together of pictures of him and our family to music and a cd of his favorite songs. I have a bowling set I used when I did therapy with kids that I bought at a thrift store. I'm digging those up, cleaning them, and then presenting them under the tree as well. I like the idea of the no buy Christmas, recycle and be thrifty when possible, and be thoughtful about the true meaning. No stress, no bank busters (thank God), and not as much Christmas paper and clean up.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 3:57 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• $100 and thats it, i used to spend more but he is an only child and he gets soo much from everyone else there is no need for us to get alot of things.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 4:28 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• OMG WAY TOO MUCH!!!!
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 9:47 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Nothing. This year I've been forced to make the choice between food and rent...I chose rent. I refuse to end up homeless again. And then I had to make the decision between rent and Christmas. Well, again, to avoid becoming homeless again, my kids don't get Christmas. Oh well.
    crdc91506

Answer by crdc91506 at 10:20 PM on Dec. 3, 2008