Past the date...

The Pedialyte that I have is past its date to be good, only last for 48 hous. Its been a about a week since I started to use. Will it hurt my baby is it still good?

ZeenaS.Muh

Asked by ZeenaS.Muh at 12:55 AM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it's started to break down, and it may not be as helpful as it should be. Call and ask a Pharmacist to be sure.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:58 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Exactly what Crafty26 said.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 1:12 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• thanks. :0)
    ZeenaS.Muh

Comment by ZeenaS.Muh (original poster) at 1:26 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• i dont use pedialyte anymore because of that reason. th good stuff in it only last for a short period of time. I now use powerade since it will last a little longer. I personally would not give past due pedialyte to my child.
    babymomma173

Answer by babymomma173 at 1:49 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• im in Malaysia for anothr week and a half/ 2 weeks, I dont know what i should do for her. stupid me didnt look to see how long it will last. To be honest Im scared to give her anything from here. I have no problems w/ the water or the food, but she is only 8months. I have seen that they have many thiings we have, but knowing that the soda (way sweeter) taste different im not sure about the gadaraid(sp?) or powerade (if they have)
    ZeenaS.Muh

Comment by ZeenaS.Muh (original poster) at 1:55 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• i wouldnt use it. since you are out of the country, try formula if you have any and water it down. if you dont want to do that, are you nursing? if so your baby shouldn't need any extra water.
    colins_mom

Answer by colins_mom at 2:31 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• @ this point I wish I was nursing. Im not.
    ZeenaS.Muh

Comment by ZeenaS.Muh (original poster) at 5:34 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• With a baby, I would NOT use anything past the date. For myself, I would probably use it a few days after, provided it looked, smelled, and tasted fine. If you would like information to begin nursing (it's never too late, btw) just say so, and I'll help you if you'd like.
    Why are you using it, btw? Is baby sick? How long has she been sick?
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:17 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• She has been having about 6 poopy diapers a day most of which are diarrhea. What should I do this has been happening for three or so days
    ZeenaS.Muh

Comment by ZeenaS.Muh (original poster) at 9:41 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• At 8 mos old, you can modify the BRAT diet. Bananas, rice, apples/applesauce, tea/toast. Is it just the loose stools, or does she have any other symptoms? Does she seem happy, or does she seem like she's not feeling well?
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 11:03 AM on Apr. 26, 2011