"hidden" fruits and veggies

Do you "hide" fruits or veggies in your kids meals??? Im having trouble getting my son to eat fruits or veggies unless its a bananas of corn. i tried cutting up apples and adding it to canned tuna and it worked great!!! Anyone got any good "hidden" fruit or veggie recipies

kountrygal

Asked by kountrygal at 2:01 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Food & Drink

• Well I have the same problem with my SO's older sons as well as my SO; they do not like veggies to varying degrees. I buy the V8 Infusion Juice cause it has tomatoes, carrots, squash and beets hidden in them. I also buy the Garden Variety Pasta (such as bowties) that is made from spinach and carrotts and tomatoes. I know there are many other ways to hide fruits and veggies so I will look forward to reading all the ideas!
    rcbrown

Answer by rcbrown at 2:15 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Juicy Juice has a juice that has veg in it, its called like Garden Harvest, or natures Harvest, or something like that. I have brain freeze right now, so I am having a tough time remembering....lol. Anyway, my kids love it. I have also hid veg in meatloaf, or meatballs and they will eat some of that as well. I also make alot of raisin bran muffins, and slip in carrot, zuchini, some squash- and they eat the muffins and never notice the good veg that they are eating. You can also add pumpkin (canned) to alot of sauces and cream soups, its very nutritious. Good luck.
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 4:12 PM on Dec. 3, 2008