Contractions, What should I do?

I found out I am having contractions and I didn't even know it, They put me on medication to stop it because I am only 33 weeks. But the medication isn't helping. I can't sleep because of them, but they have been non stop for a week. I am dialated 1. They are still hurting, but not as bad as my OB said it should be before I go. but it still hurts.

mom2be_25

Asked by mom2be_25 at 1:38 AM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I thought it was the baby pushing my stomach, but he said the hard bump is actually contractions.
    mom2be_25

Comment by mom2be_25 (original poster) at 1:39 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Lay on your side and drink lots of water. If they get worse, or if they are consistent (5 minutes apart) you should go into labor and delivery and get checked out.
    mamabaier

Answer by mamabaier at 1:40 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Thank you, I will try that.
    mom2be_25

Comment by mom2be_25 (original poster) at 1:41 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• try Tylenol. for some reason that stopped my contractions when i was in labor w/ ds. but i agree w/ a pp, drinl lots of water and take it easy! and call your doctor if you havent already!
    colins_mom

Answer by colins_mom at 2:21 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• the same thing happened to me, they put me on brehtine and i couldn't take it so they switched me to procardia for about 3 weeks and i had contractions still. The medicine kept me from dilating though it just didn't make the contractions go away. they would be big and 5 min apart for 2 hours and when i went back to get checked at the hospital i was not changing. I would call your doc and see what they think you should do
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 8:35 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Thanks Ethans Ma, I will be going where the Dr is tomorrow. My contractions are not stopping and it isn't fun. Some are a lot worse than others. I just hope I am not dialated anymore.
    mom2be_25

Comment by mom2be_25 (original poster) at 6:38 PM on Apr. 28, 2011