So this girl I was talking to told me that I baby my son who is 8 months old and that I am going to turn him gay WTF ? Why would someone say that am I going to make my son gay by loving him ?

I have gay friends so I have no hard feelings towards them just dont appreciate people telling me something like that because then I worry.

christinahenry

Asked by christinahenry at 1:51 AM on Apr. 26, 2011 in General Parenting

• Wow, that person is a dumb ass.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 1:54 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• That's complete ignorance. I hope that person doesn't have children, otherwise I pity them being raised by someone like that.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:55 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• My ex used to tell me I was going to make my son gay because he walked around in my shoes. As I see it they just copy mommy and don't know geners yet. If he turns out to be gay it won't be because of you. Don't worry about what other people say!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 1:56 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• That woman is an ignoramus. Loving and babying a child - even a much older one than yours - will not harm them at all, and certainly won't "turn them gay". What a moron.

Also, by the way, you cannot "spoil" a baby by holding them too much or giving them lots of love and attention. Those things give them self-confidence and then they actually become better adjusted, healthier, happy human beings than ones who are left to cry it out or self-soothe.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 1:57 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• You're not doing anything wrong, you're showing your baby how much you love him. That is NEVER wrong. Sometimes people say things like that because they didn't get much love as children, who knows?
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 1:59 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• not at all! Children need love to grow up healthy!!!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 2:00 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Some people are so weird ! Why in the world do people say stuff like that ? I have never heard of an interview with a gay man where he said "Well, I decited to be gay because as an infant..... my mother hugged me a lot ". You have to laugh it's so insane !
    Gnomes

Answer by Gnomes at 2:07 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Ok so hugging my little man and kissing him all the time wont make him gay ? I am so freaked out because that makes me feel bad like I am doing something wrong.
    christinahenry

Comment by christinahenry (original poster) at 1:57 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Love and spoil that baby I am sure u are a wonderful parent and you kniw there are idiots in the world....
    DandIebst

Answer by DandIebst at 2:03 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Your friend is ignorant. NOTHING you do is ever going to turn your children gay, bi, strait, whatever. Children are born however they're going to be.
    AmourSpork

Answer by AmourSpork at 4:23 AM on Apr. 26, 2011