Painful sex...? adult content

So this is super awkward...but every time my husband and I try and have sex it always hurts. I have a mirena placed but it was painful before as well. My baby is now almost 3 months old and I never had stitches or tore. I just don't know what to do, I feel bad because my husband gets really frustrated because he thinks I am just making it up sometimes. Please help!

mamabaier

Asked by mamabaier at 2:19 AM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Health

• try a different position, sometimes that helps A LOT! if it continues, call your doctors nurse line and see if it is something that they recommend you be seen for, it might just be that you need to relax a bit more or use vaginal dilators or a little extra lubrication. there are tons of things out there that can help if you PM me i can give you alot more information.
    colins_mom

Answer by colins_mom at 2:25 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I got my Mirena put in a few weeks ago and I've been having problems.... So go get checked to make sure it was put in correctly
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 2:30 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• try more four play that might help GL!
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 2:32 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I have an IUD,and sadly this is a side affect. I HAVE to use KY jelly EVERY time ! I also stick the bottle in the microwave for a few seconds ,so I am not puting on freezing cold goop . How horrible is that? ! ha ha You might need to put a little on your husband as well. Start out SUPER SLOW ! Also missionary seems best. I hope this is not to much information, but it has helped me .
    Gnomes

Answer by Gnomes at 3:19 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Just do lots and lots of foreplay and LUBE. Also, if he is using a condom, you may be allergic, so try the non-latex ones if the lube and foreplay does not help. Good luck, Momma!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 9:30 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I would totally talk to your dr about this. It's nothing to feel awkward and it could be a lot of things. Best to have a proffesional weigh int.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 2:18 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• i'd try lube and if that doesnt work talk with your dr and see what they think =)
    hfaddis

Answer by hfaddis at 2:50 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Thanks so much everyone :)
    mamabaier

Comment by mamabaier (original poster) at 2:52 AM on Apr. 27, 2011