What form of birth control works best if I don't want another child for 3 to 5 years?

I was on the pill and the patch and I couldn't remember to take the pill everyday and I also forgot to replace the patch. I was considering either the IUD or the shot. I have heard bad stories about the IUD though. What are your thoughts? I have my appointment next monday.

momavanessa

Asked by momavanessa at 2:47 AM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Health

• I have had a wonderful expirience with my IUD. it did hurt a bit to put in...but after that.... no babies... no troubles ! It is expensive. Most health insurance wont pay for it. I got pregnant using the pill,so I had to try somthin' different. it worked sooo well for me. I hope you can find somthing you are happy with. Good luck to you !
    Gnomes

Answer by Gnomes at 3:13 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I think you need to talk to your Dr. and way your options....
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 2:53 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I have had both IUD's (the copper and the Mirena). I had an awful experience with the copper one. I became severely anemic after having it for 2 years, so I had it removed and got the Mirena which was awesome. My cycle was super light to non-existent. I had that for 4 years and finally got it out in preparation of getting pregnant.
    HollyBoBolly

Answer by HollyBoBolly at 3:15 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Go with the Implanon...they insert it into your arm.
    The Mirena is an option too, but I havent heard too many great things about it.
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 7:25 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I have the Mirena IUD and haven't had too many problems. I still get AF some months and spotting or nothing others but haven't had any of the super horrible problems that others claim to have.
    PrincessPeach06

Answer by PrincessPeach06 at 12:34 PM on Apr. 26, 2011