Do your children watch television, and, if so, how much per day?

AmourSpork

Asked by AmourSpork at 2:52 AM on Apr. 26, 2011 in General Parenting

• my tv is on all day. I don't limit the amount my children watch. Most of the time it is educational shows Super Why, Betsy Kindergarten Adventure, Dinosaur Train, Sesame Street, etc.

I don't worry about it since most of the time my kids are playing and not sitting down just watching tv. My kids are young but also very active. If it wasn't raining so much, they would MUCH rather be outdoors.
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 8:04 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• My two year old watches TV sometimes, especially when I'm trying to do something and need her out from under my feet. She doesn't watch it to often, sometimes when we watch tv together in the evenings it's a little more.
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Answer by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 3:22 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• My 2 yr old loves Dora so she watches an hour of Dora everyday....she has learned so much from it. She can say about 15 words in spanish and tell you the meaning of each, she can count to ten in spanish and knows most of her colors in spanish.

As for a total I would say about 2 hours of tv a day but my 4 yr old who is in school til 1:00 she only watches about an hour of tv everyday, unless we have a family movie night or something.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 6:13 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• my kids are 3 and 5 - I don't know how much they actually watch when at the baby sitters. But at home it is about an hour or so, in the evening, I don't know how much they actually watch, but it is on for about that long while they are awake
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 8:05 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I'm like itsjustme ... TV is on all day but my 2 1/2 year old is always playing, running around, singing, dancing.
    zradiogirl

Answer by zradiogirl at 9:09 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• My tv stays on all day. I cant stand the quiet. My boys play though and only sit down to watch it for nap time to relax. My son loves Disney and Nick and has learned his colors and stuff from it so it doesnt bother me too much. The shows are always age appropriate..
    alligurl186

Answer by alligurl186 at 1:03 PM on Apr. 26, 2011