Do your children have night terrors, what causes them, and how do you handle it?

My older DD sometimes wakes up in the middle of the night screaming. Her eyes are closed and any attempt to calm her down causes her to scream louder and flail her little fists at whoever is comforting her. After a bit, though, she'll settle back down. It's like she's sleep walking. I know there are medical or psychological reasons some children do this, but she's never been diagnosed with anything.

AmourSpork

Asked by AmourSpork at 2:58 AM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Kids' Health

• I used to have that problem when I was a kid. My mother got me a puppy and let her sleep with me. The problem is that, since I spent ten years with that dog in the bed with me that, when she died just after I turned 18, I had trouble sleeping. If you have any pets, let one of them sleep with the child. A lot of times, kids have a problems sleeping by themselves and another heartbeat is comforting.
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Answer by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 3:18 AM on Apr. 26, 2011