Are people who don't want their man watching porn jealous?

i dont get why so many women dont want their man to watch it. explain!

Liz4Life

Asked by Liz4Life at 3:12 AM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• mmmh good question... I don t think its jealousy for me, I just dont like 'em, and fortunately, he doesnt either. i still associate sex with love and romance, and i think porn is the nasty side of sex, its just not for us...
    kokomaman

Answer by kokomaman at 3:34 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Honestly, I'm really not a jealous person. My dh has female friends, I have guy friends, and I'm even friends with people that he dated before he met me. It doesn't bother me. We both respect that if that's what someone is into, to each their own. But I personally don't like it, and thankfully neither does he.

To me, and again, this is just my opinion, and I respect that we all have our own thoughts on it, but sex is is also about making love, and is a physical and emotional sharing and connecting between 2 people who love each other. Porn is not about that - it's about getting your rocks off so to speak. To me, it cheapens what is actually a very beautiful but private thing.

To me, if you want porn, take pictures of each other, write each other dirty letters, record yourselves having sex and "relive the moment" so to speak, etc. But don't just watch a bunch of strangers...
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 4:51 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Neither my husband nor I have ever had any interest in including pornography in our lives. We both find it undignified and degrading and are more likely to feel silly or embarrassed when watching it, rather than turned on. I'm not sure why that's a problem for some people to understand. Neither of us is jealous or insecure and we've been together for 16 years. Making blanket statements about people who don't indulge in porn is assumptive and childish.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:16 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I don't think that jealousy has anything to do with it with some, you have to take into consideration the men who use porn as a form of emotional abuse to their spouse. Most women who have a problem with it already have low self esteem, others look at it as, that is someones daughter and how would you feel if your daughter was doing that, some it is a religious point of view, and others have inconsiderate husbands who have failed to let them know that they are still attractive to them, that they love them and that yes honey, it is you that I see when we are having sex and not the female I watched on the latest porn. Porn although on the television or internet can be just as devastating to some as if their man went out and cheated, that's not about jealousy....... I do believe that SOME men need to have more tact and not act like idiots when it comes to watching porn... and then yes you have some that are jealous...
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 6:16 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• What's to be jealous of? A bunch of empty-headed, silicone-enhanced, tweaked-out cases of zero self-esteem degrading themselves for unlimited blow and a shot at getting back at Daddy?
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 7:44 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Honestly, I could care less if my husband chose to watch it but as it happens he finds porn to be trashy and he'd much rather have sex with me than watch people in a movie having sex.It's been working for him for almost 26 years.
    tracylynnr31767

Answer by tracylynnr31767 at 3:13 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• awww :) yep thats where im coming from
    Liz4Life

Comment by Liz4Life (original poster) at 3:15 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Umm thats a good question. I tend to be a little jealous at times but i dont mind my boyfriend watching porn.
    youngmoma07

Answer by youngmoma07 at 3:22 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• i like the honesty a lot. thank you youngmoma!!
    i think jealousy is wanting something you don't have...so if you just get it, you wont want it anymore, right!? lol
    Liz4Life

Comment by Liz4Life (original poster) at 3:26 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Lol right!! All i want is a little TLC every once in awhile and im okay (: Happy Wife happy life right lol
    youngmoma07

Answer by youngmoma07 at 3:37 AM on Apr. 26, 2011