Isnt it crazy how the smallest things still can bother us

knowing theres so much going on in the world
here i am bothered when someone doesnt say thank you after i say bless you...but yet it's soo insignificant from a birds eye view. God must be like girl, get over it quick, we got saving to do lol

Liz4Life

Asked by Liz4Life at 3:44 AM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Although that does not bother me- I understand your point- sometimes we need to look at the big picture- I think its human to get hung up on the small things and then realize-what am I doing-
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 8:24 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Haha, that's funny because I am just the opposite on your example (I get a little frustrated when people say "Thank you" after I say Gesundheit or salud or bless you; no need for thanks, just wipe your nose and keep going!), but I am tracking right with you on the "bigger picture" side.
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 9:31 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Are you talking about saying it generally, or when someone sneezes? I know when people sneeze and someone says that, it's more common to not respond because it seems like the "Bless you" is as involuntary as the sneeze. As for general blessings, it might be that they don't know how to respond, especially if they're of a different belief than yourself. You didn't directly indicate your religion, but it reads like you are of the Christian faith, of which I am not, but I usually assume that "Bless you" is akin to "Have a nice day" and appreciate the gesture even if I do not come from the same point of view religiously. So, if you'd said it to me, I'd probably have said, "Bless-ed be" or "You too" or something similar. I get being bothered by seemingly insignificant events, though. I think it is because we don't have the time/energy to worry about the weight of the world. :)
    AmourSpork

Answer by AmourSpork at 3:50 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I agree..we do tend to worry and linger on the small things in life too much when theres so much more bigger things going on in this world. Maybe its easier for us to focus on the little things because we have more control over them...
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:15 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I have a ss who never says bless you, yet I say it to him all the time, so I understand where you're comming from on that.
    darter

Answer by darter at 6:20 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• why should they say thank you?
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:09 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• You want someone to say thank you? Why? So you get credit for saying Bless You? Then don't say "Bless You." Personally I think it's rude to point out when others sneeze.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:30 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I agree. I do believe that the belief in saying "Bless you" after you sneezed was because some cultures believed it would rid you of the sickness or something like that.
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 8:18 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Yes it is crazy. There is so much more sufferring in this world and we sometimes take our little bubble for granted. I always appreciate what I have and I have blown the small stuff off so many times. I work with people who get upset about trivial things. Ignorance is bliss.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 11:40 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• It's silly to get offended by something so insignificant in the first place, but not only did you get offended, you came on here to post about it. Um...yeah, get over it.
    Anonymous