Tendonitis. Have you ever had it? If so I have ??

Morning moms.
I recently stepped up my exercise. As of last week actually. Well the day after my workout (tuesday) I felt some pain in my knee. Kind of dull, but there. When I went to get down on my knees to pick up DD's toys I felt like screaming. My knee felt incapable of bending. It was tight. Like trying to use a new rubber band. It did NOT want to bend. I almost lost my balance and fell over.

I figured I just over worked it. But here we are a week later and the dull ache has not subsided, getting down on my knees is just as hard and a friend of dh's mentioned I should get x-rays because it may be tendonitis.

For the most part the ache is background noise. But when i've been on my feet for awhile it becomes a deafening scream.

I haven't iced my knee. I know I should have by now, but I have not.

Has any of you ladies had tendonitis in your knee? How did it feel? Did you go to the doc? Has it gotten better?

Thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:29 AM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Health

• I have it chronically in my right ankle, ice it often and go see a doctor soon. try to get Voltaren gel it works great. Your doc can give you an rx for it. Advil and Aleve may help too.

sweetangie79

Answer by sweetangie79 at 7:23 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• No, not in my knee, but I had it in my wrist. Was awful. They prescribed antiinflamatories and various rubs and creams but nothing worked until finally I got to a specialist who injected it with cortisone. That was about 6 years ago and I've had NO pain since. Like a miracle, after it being so very sore for years.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 5:18 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Got it from a repetitive motion job, also called tennis elbow. Cortisone injections, pain killers and changed jobs. Every once in a while it will flare up again but pain is manageable.

meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:03 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Not in my knee, in my foot but haven't had any trouble with it in a long time. It scares me since mine is in the same spot where I have psoriasis and I am afraid it will get worse as I get older.
    PrincessPeach06

Answer by PrincessPeach06 at 12:33 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I haven't but just wanted to say iI hope you feel better soon.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 2:06 PM on Apr. 26, 2011