27 weeks pregnant having erratic VERY painful contractions.

I am 27 weeks pregnant and my first appointment is on the 5th. I have not been able to get in for one yet, because of the first 4 months of my pregnancy I was practically living on the streets from home to home. Now Living with my dad and my fiance and trying desperately to get the ball rolling. But now Im worried about the baby's safety and wondering if I need to go to the hospital before my appointment date. This is about the forth time this has happened but they have never hurt nearly this bad. I woke up this morning and was having rythmic excruciatingly painful contractions, I had 7 or 8 before they stopped all together and they were only about 30 sec to a minute appart each. Its the night after now and I haven't had anymore but I am having horrible lower back pain and my lower stomach feels like a bowling ball is setting in it now (I assume from sore muscles). I just need to know what to do next time this occurs or even if I need to get to the hospital. I don't want to jeopardize my childs well being and Im a first time mother. Im terrified and have no idea what to do, I need some advice... quickly.

Phraugie

Asked by Phraugie at 4:30 AM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Honestly, for being on 27 weeks, I would go to the hospital if it starts happening again. In the mean time, drink a lot of water and lay on your left side. You could just be dehydrated. If you do start contracting again and I believe if you get 4 contractions in an hour-go to the hospital.

Good luck to you!!!
    lakens_mommy

Answer by lakens_mommy at 4:55 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I agree if you feel the pain again go to the hospital, it could be dehydration or a urinary tract infection so drink a lot of water, I hope you've been taking prenatal pills. Anyways good luck I wish you and baby the best
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 5:08 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I agree also.. I had alot of problems with this when I was pregnant. I would contract alot and have alot of pain but all I need was rest and LOTS of water!! The doctors stress alot to stay hydrated being dehydrated could make you very sick and could cause premature labor. Good luck and congrats!!
    ashlee03

Answer by ashlee03 at 8:05 AM on Apr. 26, 2011