When did you take away your child's pacifier?

I saw this question in a forum but there weren't many replies. Older DD was about 7mos when she stopped wanting/needing hers. She started using sippy cups around that time rather than bottles. The kid had teethed very early and by her 1y dental checkup had all her baby teeth; she'd chewed through nipples on her bottles and pacifiers before that. Baby DD only wants her pacifier when she's sick. She was in hospital for five days at 4mos and she used it the entire time, but mostly she doesn't want it, so I suspect she'll be okay without it when she gets off the bottles, but she probably won't be off bottles for a while because of her delays. The other day we were shopping and older DD say a kid about her age (almost 4) with a pacifier. There was also a baby about 6mos in the cart, but the pacifier was pinned to the older child's shirt. DD told the kid to give the pacifier back to the baby! I guess because we've told her not to take her sister's (she doesn't try to use it, just likes to snatch it for rivalry, I guess).

AmourSpork

Asked by AmourSpork at 4:50 AM on Apr. 26, 2011 in General Parenting

• Only two of my kids were interested in the pacifier. But if they are done with the bottle i.e. 9mos. then they should be done with the pacifier
    Genice6

Answer by Genice6 at 8:40 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I never gave my kids a paci, they weren't really interested in it so I never gave them one.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 5:57 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• My older ds gave his up around 8 mos but my 1yo... well, he's never been into his paci but he's a hardcore thumb sucker...
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 7:09 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• ma kids never used them~
    sanab

Answer by sanab at 1:51 AM on Apr. 29, 2011