Can you really trust your nanny with your child?

i recently saw a clip of a nanny bathing a child and she was literally drowning him in the process. the child looked disoriented and wn he gained composure was drowned again. the child was pinned on the ground and she was using her foot to bath his buttocks its jc sad. makes me question if my maid is not doing exactly the same behind my back!!!

linah12345

Asked by linah12345 at 5:20 AM on Apr. 26, 2011 in General Parenting

• Aw. It is hard to trust anyone these days. I won't let anyone watch my kids except me or dh. Family in an emergency.
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 5:23 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• what if you have to go to work?
    linah12345

Comment by linah12345 (original poster) at 5:27 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I used to have some ladies come from a nearby village to watch my kids while I worked. They came to my house, looked after the kids and did any cleaning and tidying that needed done. That was when we lived in the Solomon Islands. Since we moved to Australia, though, I would certainly not trust anyone to look after my kids. Now I'm a SAHM. Noone loves a child like their mother does. I tried leaving kids in childcare and they hated it.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 5:41 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• i seriously don know wt a SAHM is please enlighten me
    linah12345

Comment by linah12345 (original poster) at 5:47 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Stay At Home Mom
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 5:51 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• This is why I'm glad I'm a SAHM. My oldest is 4 and I've been home with her everyday since she was born I couldn't imagine someone else bathing my children like that, I would be furious!!!!!
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 5:54 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• If you must work then you have to find someone you are comfortable with. Interview, check references, spend time with the applicant and the child. Don't just say yes to the first person who comes your way. Especially if they are going to be in your home. You are going to have to trust someone right? You will know a good fit when tou see it.
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 5:57 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• OMG! I guess thats why nanny cams were invented.
    Genice6

Answer by Genice6 at 8:36 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• My kids never stayed with anyone other than a grandma or my husband and myself, even when I went to school and when I worked. I never trusted anyone else enough to take care of them.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:23 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• That is exactly why I stay home. And if I HAD to go to work, my FAMILY would be watching my kids, not some stranger. I have a severe anxiety disorder, and this is one of the things that I can't tolerate.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 9:33 AM on Apr. 26, 2011