Burnt my hand!

With curling tongs :( I picked it up by the wrong end, and now my baby finger, ring finger, thumb and palm are red raw! And starting to blister. I've ran it under cold water and put sudocrem on it, but it's difficult to keep cream on it because I keep using my hand lol. Any help pls?

kylie_bob

Asked by kylie_bob at 6:42 AM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Health

• Ouch!! Maybe you should try to wrap it or put some kind of bandage on it? I'd suggest putting the cream on it and then maybe wrap it with some gauze and an ace bandage. Also maybe icing it would make it feel better.
    tiffanynichols

Answer by tiffanynichols at 6:57 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Well I would soak it several times a day. Put the cream on and a glove if you have one. Try not to use that hand though.. Sounds very painful.
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 7:34 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• A&D ointment works well and it's cheap and easily available. the best thing really is to just keep the area clean and dry until it heals on it's own in about 2 weeks, then completely in 6 weeks. GL Don't pop the blister when it forms, it's natures way of protecting that area.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:33 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Google it, then call your doctor.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:00 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I've used this for many things and it works for me. It just protects the top layer of your skin. I don't know if it will work for burnt skin but I personally would try it. 

My kids would hate it this stuff when they cut themselves and I'd would ask them you like liquid skin and they run away.  LOL  It stinks.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 12:44 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Wrap your hand in gauze or in a glove or something.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 2:04 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• wrap in gauze then in a glove, feel better
    hfaddis

Answer by hfaddis at 2:36 AM on Apr. 27, 2011